Flower Bouquet

A man stopped at a flower shop to order some flowers to be sent to his mother who lived two hundred kilometres away. As he got out of his car he noticed a young girl sitting on the pavement sobbing. He asked her what was wrong and she replied, "I wanted to buy a red rose for my mother. But I only have seventy-five cents, and a rose costs two rands." The man smiled and said, "Come on in with me. I will buy you a rose."

He bought the little girl her rose and ordered his own mother's flowers. As they were leaving he offered the girl a ride home. She said, "Yes, please! You can take me to my mother." She directed him to a cemetery, where she placed the rose on a freshly dug grave, that of her mother who had died recently.

The man returned to the flower shop, canceled the delivery order, picked up a bouquet and drove the two hundred kilometres to his mother's house.

Moral: Don't send artificial love to your parents with only lip service or gifts. Together with this, give them the respect and courtesy they desire. This is true love. They are your most precious treasure. Care for them. Once they leave this world then one can do nothing but regret and helplessly wish to be good to them.