No Charge

A little boy came up to his mother and handed her a paper he’d been writing on. His mother read it and it said:
For cutting the grass: R5.00, Cleaning my room: R5.00, Going to the shop for you: R.5.00, Taking out the dirt: R1.00, Good report at Madrasah: R10.00, Cleaning the yard: R10.00, Total owed: R36.00

His mother looked at him. She turned over the paper, and wrote: "For the nine months I carried you before you were born: No Charge. For all the nights that I sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you: No Charge. For all the trying times, and all the tears that you've caused: No Charge. For all the nights filled with dread, and the worries I knew were ahead: No Charge. For the food, clothes, toys and wiping your nose: No Charge, Son. When you add it up, the cost of my love is: No Charge.

When the boy finished reading, there were tears in his eyes. He looked at his mother and said, "Ma, I sure love you." Then he in big letters wrote: "PAID A MILLION TIMES OVER."

(Author Unknown)