Four Wives

A King had 4 wives. He loved the 4th wife most and gave her the best. He loved the 3rd wife also and was always showing her off to other kingdoms. However, he feared one day she would leave him for another. He also loved his 2nd wife. She was kind and patient. When he had a problem, he confided in her and she helped him.
The 1st wife was loyal and made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and kingdom. But he didn’t love her. One day, the King was about to die. He thought, "I have 4 wives, but when I die, I'll be alone." So he asked the 4th wife, "I loved you the most and gave you the best. Will you follow me in death and keep me company?" "No way!", replied the 4th wife, and walked away. The King asked the 3rd wife the same thing. "No!", replied the 3rd wife. "When you die, I'm going to remarry!" He then asked the 2nd wife. "I'm sorry, I can't help you out! she replied. "I can only walk with you to your grave." The King was devastated. Then a voice called out: "I'll go with you wherever you go." There was his first wife. She was skinny as she suffered from neglect. The King said, "I should have taken better care of you when I had the chance!"

We all have 4 wives: Our 4th wife is our body. No matter how much effort we lavish in making it look good, it will leave us when we die. Our 3rd wife is our wealth. When we die, it will go to others. Our 2nd wife is our family and friends. No matter how much they are there for us, the furthest they can stay by us is to the grave.
Our 1st wife is our Soul, often neglected in pursuit of worldly pleasures. However, it is the only thing that will follow us wherever we go. Cultivate, strengthen, and cherish it now with the spirit of Islam.