Juma Lecture

A Muslim wrote a letter to the editor of a local newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to Musjid every Friday.
"I’ve gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something like 3000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can’t remember a single one of them. So I think I’m wasting my time and the Imams are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."
This started a controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column. It went on for some weeks until someone wrote this clincher:
"I’ve been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But for the life of me, I cannot recall what the menu was for even a single one of those meals. But I do know this: they all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me those meals, I would be dead today."
No comments were made on the sermon contents anymore.