Small Actions, Big Rewards

Some rewards mentioned in the Hadith for making a Muslim happy:


Best
‘The best action is to cause happiness to a fellow Muslim, either by concealing his faults, satisfying his hunger or fulfilling ay of his needs.’ (Targheeb, Vol 2, Pg 394)

Forgiveness
‘To make one’s Muslim brother happy, is one of those actions that make the forgiveness of Allah binding upon a person.’ (Targheeb)

Special Angel
‘If nay person makes another Muslim happy, Allah Ta’ala will create an angel from that happiness, who will worship Allah and attest to His unity. When this person is lowered into his grave, this happiness will appear and ask, ‘Do you recognise me?’ The person will ask, ‘Who are you?’ The angel will say, ‘I am the happiness you brought to such and such person. Today I will dispel your loneliness, and will dictate the proof of your faith to you, thereby ensuring that you remain steadfast. I will also remain with you on the day of resurrection, and I will intercede for you to your Lord, and I will show you your abode in Paradise.’ (ibid)

Pleasing the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa sallam
Hazrat Ibn Masood radhiallahu anhu narrates that the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa sallam said, ‘Whoever pleases any Muslim after my demise, pleases me in my grave, and whoever pleases me in my grave, Allah Ta’ala will please him on the day of resurrection.’ (Kanz)


Ash-Shamaail al-Kubra, pg 40-41