The Musjid serves as the focal point of any Muslim community and is the most important structure to Muslims.
Great Musjid of Algiers, Algeria was built 1097 under Sultan Ali ibn Yusuf. It is one of the few remaining examples of Almoravid architecture. Its minaret dates from 1324 and was built by the Ziyyanid sultan of Tlemcen. The gallery at the outside of the Musjid was built in 1840 as consequence of a complete reconstruction of the street by the French.
Fakr ad-Din Musjid, Mogadishu, Somalia is the oldest Musjid in the city. It was built in 1269 by the first Sultan of Mogadishu and, together with the Great Musjid of Kilwa, is among the oldest preserved Islamic monuments on the east coast of Africa. It is closely related in architecture to the Palace of Husuni Kubwa on the island of Kilwa off the coast of Tanzania. Stone (including Indian marble) and coral are the primary materials used in the construction.
Blue Musjid, Yerevan, Armenia built in 1766 during the reign of Hussein Ali, the khan of Erivan. It was the largest of 8 Musjids in Yerevan when the city was captured by Russia in 1827. The complex consisted of a main prayer room, library, Madrassah with 28 cells, all organised around a courtyard, with the complex occupying 7,000m². It originally had four 24-metre high minarets but 3 were later demolished. The Soviet government turned the Musjid into a museum. In the 1990s, the Musjid underwent restoration funded by Iran, and Islamic religious services resumed.